Do you translate websites?
Do you proofread texts?
Do you translate into any other languages besides French?
What time frame can I expect?
Do you offer sworn translations?
What about the confidentiality of the texts?
I want the translation to use a specific terminology that I will provide. How can we proceed?
- Do you translate websites ?
Yes we do, provided that you send us the text in a Word format. We do not work on HTML or assimilated files.
- Do you proofread texts?
Yes we do, we can proofread any text written in French, whether it is a translation or the original. In addition, any text written in English can be reviewed by our English collaborator.
- Do you translate into any other languages besides French?
No we do not. To offer a high-quality service, we translate only into our mother tongue, French. However, when possible, we will redirect you to colleagues who are native speakers of the desired target language.
- What time frame can I expect?
You decide the time frame you wish to be applied to your translation. Of course, it also depends on the nature and the length of the text. To give you an idea, here is an estimation of the necessary time for an ordinary translation:
- Less than 2000 words – 48 hours
- More than 2000 words – 1500 words a day (a minimum of 48 hours)
You can also ask for your translation to be given a priority status, with a rate increase. For more information about our rates, please click here.
- Do you offer sworn translations?
We don’t. But some of our collaborators offer this service. Feel free to contact us for further information.
- What about the confidentiality of the texts?
We do not divulge the contents of the texts we are entrusted with to anyone. The confidentiality of your texts is entirely respected.
- I want the translation to use a specific terminology that I will provide. How can we proceed?
Send us your translation memory (if you use SDL Trados) or your glossary and we will do the rest.
- How much does a translation cost? How do you evaluate the cost of a translation?
For more information about our rates, we invite you to read the matching page of our website.
- How long does it take to get a quote?
You will receive the quote you requested in 24 hours maximum.
- Are quotes free?
Yes, they are entirely free and without any commitment.
- How is the payment made?
We only accept payment by bank transfer. The account number will be written on the invoice you will receive once the translation is finished.
- When does the payment have to be made?
It has to be made within 5 working days of receiving the invoice, unless otherwise specified. For new customers asking for a translation whose cost is over 250 EUR, we usually ask for a deposit.
- How do I count the number of words?
If you use Word, you only have to click on the “Review” tab and then open “Statistics”. If your file is in another format (PDF, Excel…), send us the file by email, with your quote request, and we will count the words for you.
- What guarantee do I have regarding the quality of your translations?
We give you 5 tokens of the quality of our work:
- We received our degree from a renowned translation university. We are professional translators.
- We only work into our mother tongue.
- We know our limits: if a text seems too technical or deals with a subject we don’t know, we won’t accept the project.
- You pay after you receive the finished translation. Therefore we have a strong interest in delivering a perfectly rendered translation.
- For major projects, we are willing to pass a free translation test (500 words maximum) if you request it.
- What is the legal status of Écho?
Écho is only a common platform that enables us to collaborate in our everyday work. Écho does not have its own legal status. From a legal point of view, we are separately responsible only for the services we charge in our name. This is why you will receive invoices from either Noémie or David, never from Écho.